Indianapolis Programming Jobs
The Lead Software Developer is an expert at developing apps for iOS, are intimately familiar with Apple's Human Interface Guidelines, and stay current on changes to the App Store Review Guidelines. The Lead Software Developer is expected to solve complex engineering problems quickly and smartly. They contribute their ideas at various stages of the project, including having a strong voice in application architecture, investigating solutions, and finding ways to innovate. You should have significant experience building mobile applications and provide real examples with your resume.
What You'll Do:
- Provide technical planning, development, and systems integration on client engagements from definition phase through implementation.
- Facilitate communication of technical matters among internal teams as well as external partners and client contacts.
- Analyze requirements, wireframes and capabilities of related systems to propose appropriate solutions.
- Work with Product Director to identify and address project status issues.
- Write clean, stable, unit-tested code and accompanying documentation where needed.
- Collaborate with designers to develop and deploy content-rich applications for our clients' needs.
- Assist Product Director in the creation of requirements, timelines, and estimates for projects and new business opportunities.
- Research and share industry innovations and trends.
What Experience You Need:
- Have 4+ years of iOS development experience.
- Expert in Objective-C, Core Services, Media and Cocoa Touch frameworks, developer tools (Xcode), and workflows (both manual memory management and ARC, debugging, profiling, unit testing, continuous integration, provisioning, distributing and submission to the App Store).
- Expert object-oriented programming skills.
- Intimately familiar with iOS design patterns and coding conventions as well as Apple's Human Interface Guidelines and App Store Review Guidelines.
- Expert knowledge of working with Service-Oriented Architectures.
- Expert understanding of local data caching and multitasking in iOS.
- Up to speed with iOS 8 changes, new features and requirements, including Swift.
- Development experience with other mobile platforms (e.g. Android), a plus.
- Experience with task planning and estimating effort.
- Bachelor's Degree with a concentration in IT, Computer Science, etc.
What other qualities will help you succeed:
- Approach technical challenges with an open mind and desire to innovate.
- Experience with code repository tools such as Git and Subversion.
- Knowledge of hybrid tools, such as PhoneGap, a plus.
- Appreciate great design and thrive in a creative environment.
- Communicative and clear under tight deadlines.
- Strong personal organization and attention to detail.
- Flexible and adaptable to both organizational and project-level changes.
This is a full time position, offering a full competitive base salary, a full benefits package including medical, dental , and vision, a 401(k), three weeks of PTO and 8 paid holidays per year. Salary commensurate with experience.
Please email Nathan Allen with your resume and work examples (wireframes, mockups, github or app store links, etc.).