Indianapolis Programming Jobs
Based in Indianapolis, MOBI Wireless Management is young and aggressively growing private company with over 150 employees. MOBI offers large organizations a SaaS to manage their “mobility program” - their smart phones, tablets, and other mobile devices. MOBI simplifies wireless management for major companies and organizations - our customers are household names and it’s fun to work with them.
MOBI is perennially named a "Best Place to Work in Indiana". It's great to work in a low-stress, low-pressure, but innovative and industry-leading environment.
Some of MOBI’s more awesome qualities:
- Stability – serving Fortune 100 customers!
- No venture capital needed
- Approachable ownership
About the position
Software developers help build and maintain web application solutions to help solve our customers problems.
About the team
The MOBI development team (about ~20 devs) is built upon an informal and open culture. We are extremely supportive of each other - it's a friendly environment where questions are encouraged. We do peer training, pair programming, and code reviews to continuously improve our collective skill and the quality of our applications. We actively encourage all members to bring & share their ideas for taking our software to the next level.
We have our own version of Agile development, with code reviews and frequent deployment. The team’s leadership are also programmers, so not only do we understand what you do, we can pair program with you.
Outside the office, we are:
- Mechanics, Tinkerers & Engineers
- Beer/whisk[e]y geeks
- Gamers & Lego Designers (legit)
- Gem Authors & Open Source Contributors
- University adjunct faculty and students
- Gamblers (especially Craps)
- Musicians, Writers & Artists
- Often tattooed and pierced
About our tech
- Ruby 2, Rails 4
- Postgres 9.3
- 64 unicorns (which we refer to as a herd, or “miracle”, of unicorns) for our largest application
- Load-balanced server architecture with redundant application, background job, DB and fileshare servers (supported by a legit sys-admin)
- A number of monitoring tools - Nagios, Splunk, Airbrake, NewRelic, etc.
- Must have professional web application development experience, preferably in an MVC framework using Ruby, PHP, or Python
- Must be a quick learner of new technologies
- Must be comfortable working with Linux(ish) command line tools
- Must have a basic understanding of SQL (we use PostgreSQL)
Nice to have:
- Ruby / Ruby on Rails experience
- Database/query optimization
- Source control from the command line (we use git)
- Eye for good design
- Mobile development skills
- Familiarity with the mobile industry
Fun things at the office
(which you actually get to use because you aren’t worked like a dog)
- Foosball & USA vs USSR Bubble Hockey (the official arcade version, which plays the national anthem!)
- Legacy consoles (and emulators) - currently several SNES and networked Xbox 360
- Jeans/shorts/hoodies casual dress code. We’re interested in your contribution, not your clothes (though please wear something).
- Espresso machine, Mighty Leaf teas, and dirt cheap snacks
- On-premise gym
- Wide beverage selection
Good luck beating us at:
￼* Dr. Mario, StarCraft, Counterstrike and Halo * Classics like chess, ping pong, foosball and bubble hockey (USA vs USSR) * Espresso Making (our espresso machine is primo) * Eating chicken wings * 3 Point Competitions/March Madness brackets
Common after hours activities (if you choose)
- Side-project friendly – many developers have started side businesses with coworkers
- Robust April 1st Traditions (we will not post these on the Internet)
- Legendary Holiday Party (with provided transporation for DUI-avoidance)
- Whisk[e]y Club
- Game of Thrones viewings
- We host local developer meetups and hack days
- Vices: 62 local Craft Breweries, Indiana bourbon distilleries, 2 close casinos
- Living: 6 Unique Cultural Districts to live or hang out in, lots of parks and trails, cheap golf, traffic doesn’t suck, within drone delivery distance of 2 Amazon Distribution Centers (and really fast Prime delivery)
- Home of GenCon and regular host of the Final Four and other major events
- 8+ National Act music venues
- Sports: 2 roller derby teams, NBA, WNBA, NFL (Go Colts!), Indy Eleven soccer, Indianapolis Indians AAA baseball (an awesome ballpark)
Email cover letter, resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include relevant work samples, such as a link to open source projects on your github profile or a portfolio of web application projects.