Indianapolis Programming Jobs
Expected Behavior Needs A Web Designer
You'll be our Lead Web Designer, working with a team of developers and marketers to refine our products. You'll create new designs for our products: DocRaptor, Gaug.es and Instrumental, and help us communicate our products better to our customers. You'll be involved in every part of our products: from concept and testing to implementation and deployment. We want to make design a core part of our products, and you'll help us get there.
We're based in Indianapolis, IN, but we want to work with you no matter where you're from. If you're remote, we'll fly you here at least once a year so we can meet and work together in person.
What We Need From You
- A solid portfolio that demonstrates good product and interface design skills.
- The ability to work remotely and manage your own deadlines effectively.
- The ability to communicate UI interaction with functional prototypes in HTML and CSS.
- Experience creating designs that improve user conversion.
We'd Love It If You Have
- Familiarity with command line tools like Git.
- Prior experience designing for analytics applications, iOS apps or web based SaaS apps.
What We Can Offer You
- The opportunity to reach thousands of businesses with your work.
- A competitive salary, paid health insurance, flexible working hours, equipment compensation, vacation, etc. etc. etc. We want you to be a happy and productive person.
- We're a small, informal business. You'll have a lot of input into what your role is, and where it's headed.
Who We Are
We are a team of developers and marketers based in Indianapolis, IN. We've made our mark in consulting, helping startups and corporations scale their applications to reach unprecedented levels of traffic. We've also created products that help thousands of users out each day. Our team are primarily developers who have distinguished themselves with well regarded open source projects, top twenty iOS apps, technology community outreach and published works.
We communicate daily over chat, often talk over ideas while taking a walk, and debate over company dinners. If that sounds like the type of place you'd like to work, email us at email@example.com.
We're looking for a full-stack web developer who is eager to learn new things and tackle a variety of problems. You will work under the lead developer and be involved in all aspects of the development process (client-side, server-side, support, etc.). We will expect you to participate in brainstorming, scoping, and prototyping. This person needs to be a self-starter who thrives in a start-up environment.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science. Minimum 2 years experience. Must show 3-5 examples of work.
- Ability to write standards based and accessible HTML5 + CSS
- Knowledge of browser compatibility issues
- Experience in an MVC framework such as Ruby on Rails
- Experience in relational databases (Mysql)
- Familiarity with OOP terms and concepts
- Experience with one or more of the following: Java, Groovy, Grails
- Experience with Mongo or other NoSQL database
- Experience with mobile or responsive web development
- General knowledge of search engine optimization
Our Development Environment
- Mac OS X
- Git version control
- Adobe Creative Suite (mostly Photoshop)
- Nginx on Amazon Web Services (EC2)
If you have what it takes, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to include your Github repositories, Stack Overflow profile, or other related examples.