Indianapolis Programming Jobs
The Senior Software Engineer will build infrastructure and features that our customers use to protect mission-critical networks from malicious threats.
Emerging Threats is seeking Senior Software Engineers to join our Engineering team. As an engineer at Emerging Threats, you will be developing cutting-edge threat intelligence algorithms and data infrastructure that our customers use to protect their networks.
This development includes engineering across our entire stack: implementing algorithms that run on our Hadoop/Spark infrastructure, web and API development as interfaces to your work, and development of automation to deploy your work to our server infrastructure. This full-time position is based in Indianapolis, IN.
About the Team
The engineering team at Emerging Threats believes that the work we do has a real impact not only to our customers, but to the world at-large. Our products have been used to prevent financial and identity theft, and even to help convict criminals. We keep the world safe from bad guys.
We believe that small, self-motivated teams can be empowered to do great things. We also believe in the right tool for the job, as evidenced by our toolsets.
Our current systems run Hadoop/HBase, Spark, Java, Scala, Python, Ruby, Solr/Lucene, MySQL, Postgres, and more.
We also have a strong culture of open source and knowledge sharing at our company. For example, check out the meetup group run by our head of Engineering: http://www.meetup.com/IndyBigData/
- Build prototypes and implement algorithms that run over billions of malware records via Hadoop, Spark, Scala, and Java
- Build systems that interface with our Hadoop infrastructure and incoming streams of malware data using technologies like Kafka, Storm, and Spark Streaming
- Create API routes and web pages that communicate our threat intelligence in a clean, effective manner
- Write automation code that deploys and monitors your systems in the cloud
- Always be learning new technologies and techniques, and push your team members to be the best they can be
You love building systems that turn large amounts of data into accurate, actionable intelligence. You are motivated to understand everything you build, from back-end algorithm changes to front-end improvements. You look forward to embracing our automated deployment process at Emerging Threats and owning a feature from initial inception all the way to deployment.
You will be successful in this role if you:
- Have experience with Hadoop and working with multi-terabyte systems
- Have 3+ years experience building components in a micro-service architecture
- Have experience interfacing with distributed systems, and troubleshooting distributed system failures
- Have experience with message queue systems, preferrably Kafka
- Have a B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science
If you're interested in joining the team at Emerging Threats, please send a cover letter along with your resume telling us what inspires you about us and why you think you are a great fit for the team. If you write a blog, contribute to an open source project, or something similar, that has meaning to us and we’d love to hear about it.
Interviewing Immediately. Send resumés to email@example.com.
What You’ll Do:
We are looking for multiple outstanding Front-End Developers to form a dedicated user interface and data visualization team to work in conjunction with our Full-Stack Developers.
The focus of this position is on the development of user interfaces that provide an excellent user experience that is both intuitive and responsive. A strong candidate for this role will need to be able to succeed in a fast-paced agile/scrum environment, developing high-quality code and meeting the deadlines in our rapid development cycles as the company scales its enterprise products nationally.
- Design, develop and perfect user interfaces that are clear, usable and visually appealing
- Validate design and develop work through cognitive walkthroughs, usability tests and other qualitative techniques
What You'll Need:
- 3+ years of experience with jQuery/HTML/CSS/ASP.NET MVC
- Excel at rapid development cycles, while maintaining high-quality work
- Passionate about user experience, product quality and continual improvement
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills
Ideal Talent Includes:
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Design or related field
- Experience with storyboarding, user/process flow diagrams, sketches, wireframes, click-through demos and/or prototypes
- Experience with Unit Testing
- Experience leading a small team and/or working on major projects
What We Offer You:
- Pay is competitive and commensurate with talent and experience
- 100% employer-paid health benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life) for employees, 50% for their families
- Stock options/grants and cash bonuses for meeting/exceeding performance goals
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Program with company matching
- Flextime and work life balance
- Training for industry certifications
- Fun, "Make-it-Happen" culture
Who We Are:
Infinite AI is a Carmel, Indiana-based enterprise software company focused on the development of artificial intelligence systems for deployment in supply chain and healthcare operations. Our primary focus is in machine learning and predictive modeling, object detection systems, real-time location systems and high-performance computing.
Founded in January of 2013, the company reached profitability within months. After successfully completing a Series A investment round in the summer of 2014, Infinite AI intends to scale to 30 employees and $7mm in sales by the end of 2015.
What Legal Wants You to Know:
Infinite AI, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, political affiliation or sexual orientation, disability or protected veteran status.
No relocation provided at this time. Local candidates only. No unsolicited agency submittals will be acknowledged.
Send resumés to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Lead Software Developer is an expert at developing apps for iOS, are intimately familiar with Apple's Human Interface Guidelines, and stay current on changes to the App Store Review Guidelines. The Lead Software Developer is expected to solve complex engineering problems quickly and smartly. They contribute their ideas at various stages of the project, including having a strong voice in application architecture, investigating solutions, and finding ways to innovate. You should have significant experience building mobile applications and provide real examples with your resume.
What You'll Do:
- Provide technical planning, development, and systems integration on client engagements from definition phase through implementation.
- Facilitate communication of technical matters among internal teams as well as external partners and client contacts.
- Analyze requirements, wireframes and capabilities of related systems to propose appropriate solutions.
- Work with Product Director to identify and address project status issues.
- Write clean, stable, unit-tested code and accompanying documentation where needed.
- Collaborate with designers to develop and deploy content-rich applications for our clients' needs.
- Assist Product Director in the creation of requirements, timelines, and estimates for projects and new business opportunities.
- Research and share industry innovations and trends.
What Experience You Need:
- Have 4+ years of iOS development experience.
- Expert in Objective-C, Core Services, Media and Cocoa Touch frameworks, developer tools (Xcode), and workflows (both manual memory management and ARC, debugging, profiling, unit testing, continuous integration, provisioning, distributing and submission to the App Store).
- Expert object-oriented programming skills.
- Intimately familiar with iOS design patterns and coding conventions as well as Apple's Human Interface Guidelines and App Store Review Guidelines.
- Expert knowledge of working with Service-Oriented Architectures.
- Expert understanding of local data caching and multitasking in iOS.
- Up to speed with iOS 8 changes, new features and requirements, including Swift.
- Development experience with other mobile platforms (e.g. Android), a plus.
- Experience with task planning and estimating effort.
- Bachelor's Degree with a concentration in IT, Computer Science, etc.
What other qualities will help you succeed:
- Approach technical challenges with an open mind and desire to innovate.
- Experience with code repository tools such as Git and Subversion.
- Knowledge of hybrid tools, such as PhoneGap, a plus.
- Appreciate great design and thrive in a creative environment.
- Communicative and clear under tight deadlines.
- Strong personal organization and attention to detail.
- Flexible and adaptable to both organizational and project-level changes.
This is a full time position, offering a full competitive base salary, a full benefits package including medical, dental , and vision, a 401(k), three weeks of PTO and 8 paid holidays per year. Salary commensurate with experience.
Please email Nathan Allen with your resume and work examples (wireframes, mockups, github or app store links, etc.).